While our supplemental application essays for Fall 2024 are available, we are still finalizing our application and requirements which will be live by the Fall.
- Caltech will accept only one application for transfer admission.
- $75 Application fee or fee waiver.
- Math and physics entrance examinations.
- Letters of evaluation: Caltech requires two college faculty evaluations from math, science, or engineering professors. Please be sure the letters include your full name and birthdate. The professors may email the letters directly to our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In addition to the two required letters of evaluation from faculty, you are welcome to have a mentor or supervisor who knows you in a different context submit one extra evaluation.
- Transfer Report Form: This is a form available through the application. Once you begin your application, you will receive instructions about how to have a university official (Registrar, Dean, etc.) complete it.
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.
- Official transcripts from your secondary school (grades 9-12, or the international curriculum equivalent).
Additional requirements of applicants who are international citizens:
- English Proficiency Exam Scores: Required of all international students unless 1) your native language is English or 2) English is the primary language of instruction in your secondary school and your university. We accept the Duolingo English Test (DET), IELTS, or the TOEFL. The English proficiency exam must be taken prior to the application deadline.
- International Financial Aid Statement of Intent: Caltech does not have financial aid available to transfer students who are neither US citizens nor permanent residents. The application will prompt you to confirm your understanding that you are not eligible for need-based financial aid at any point in your undergraduate career at Caltech.
- Translation: All application materials must be submitted in English. If they were originally printed in a language other than English, they must be translated by an official translator. We will not accept any documents that have been translated by the student/applicant.
|Duolingo English Test||120||125|
You are welcome to provide supplemental materials that you believe will help our admissions committee learn more about you. These materials may include but are not limited to:
- Research paper, abstract, or publication (citation if published, letter of evaluation, and research description required)
- Maker portfolio
- Visual art
- Description of an internship
After the application deadline, you will receive a link to the Caltech application portal (Beaver Breakroom), which will include instructions on submitting supplemental materials.
Letter of Evaluation from Site of Research
If you are submitting a research paper, we require an additional recommendation from someone who can comment on the research experience that produced the paper. This letter can come from a supervisor, a mentor, an adult collaborator, or an administrator. Research papers and posters may be uploaded to your Caltech application portal (Beaver Breakroom) after submission of your application.
After the application deadline, you will receive a link to the Beaver Breakroom, which will include instructions on submitting supplemental materials. If you are submitting research, you are required to fill out a form with a description of your research and the email address of your recommender. Our office will then email your research recommender a link to upload their evaluation.
Once you are admitted, we will give you a pre-evaluation estimate of your class standing, which will tell you if you will enter Caltech as a second- or third-year student. After you enroll, our registrar and faculty will review your transcripts and syllabi to determine course credit.